Thursday, June 4, 2009

Update for June

Things are going marvelously. I've written all of Chapters Nine and Ten and about 1/4th of Chapter Eleven, most of the work getting done in the past week. If I keep this frenetic pace up, I'll be done with Seafear by the end of summer. That was my goal anyway, but no matter.

Interesting things I've noticed from reading the notes I took very early on in the process (August 2, 2008): the first four characters I came up with for Seafear were Matthias Quick, Jericho Monday, Robert Beckwith, and Charlotte North. Their names have remained completely unchanged. Orlando Valentine was originally Orlando Underhill. The names of the islands have all stayed the same. The Scarlet Moon was originally the Pandora. The original title was What They Got By Knavery.

I'm trying to remember why I thought that was a good title...

No comments: