Thursday, October 15, 2009

Just an Update

Still no news on the agent front. Well, not really "no" news; the deadline has passed for two agents who don't send out rejection letters, so that means I'm not getting picked up by them. There's one agent whom I'm assuming I've been rejected by (by this point), just because it's been two months since I queried; there's another one who evidently has erratic response times, so I'm not surprised I haven't heard back from him yet. On the other hand, I did send out a snail mail query today, and should know what's going on there in about two weeks.

This is the disheartening part of being a writer. I get to sit around and wait while other people judge my writing without really looking at a lot of it I know the instant I get an acceptance I'll be okay with the whole process again, but for now, these two months have been taxing. I haven't been able to write anything new, and it's driving me bananas.

No comments: